As a graduate student in mathematics of computer science, you will have an opportunity to develop research skills and gain practical experience working with our industry partners and implementing solutions to complex problems.
Before joining the Health Analytics and Advanced Modelling Lab, you need to apply as a graduate student (Masters or PhD). You can apply through the Department of Computer Science at University of Toronto (St. George Campus) or the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at York University.
When applying to the Department of Computer Science at University of Toronto, you need to specify your interest in being supervised by Dr. Arvind Gupta and co-supervised by Dr. Huaxiong Huang.
When applying to the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at York University, you need to specify your interest in being supervised by Dr. Huaxiong Huang and co-supervised by Dr. Arvind Gupta.
The selection process is highly competitive and we receive a high volume of applicants. At a minimum, you must have the following qualifications to be considered for our lab:
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative degree program (Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Proficient in at least one programming language: Python, Julia, MATLAB, Java, C/C++, C#
- Experience with data analysis, modelling, and simulation
- Strong work ethic and ability to consistently perform at a high level
- Excellent communication skills
After you have applied to the university, please submit a cover letter, CV/resume, and transcript by email at email@example.com.